Master Your Card Privacy Notice
Effective Date: December 6, 2011
MasterCard Worldwide respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to theMaster Your Card program (the “Program”) and its website www.MasterYourCardMO.org (the “Site”). It describes the types of information Master Your Card collect in connection with the Program and with whom we may share it. The Privacy Notice also describes the measures Master Your Card takes to protect the security of the information. Master Your Card tells you about your choices with respect to your personal information, and how you can reach us to update your contact information or get answers to questions you may have about the Program’s privacy practices.
Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
In connection with your use of the Program, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information you provide to us on the Site. We collect information you voluntarily provide us including, but not limited to, your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number.
- Information our Site collects automatically. When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Site, and dates and times of Site visits. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Subject to applicable law, we may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about the Program and its relevant content;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing our products, services and websites; facilitating the functionality of our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Perform data analyses (including anonymization of personal information);
- Comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies; and
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose nonpublic personal information we collect about you in connection with this Program except as set forth herein. We may disclose nonpublic personal information to vendors who facilitate and/or support our website and/or our email transmissions (including, but not limited to, vendors who assist in our compliance with the CAN SPAM Act of 2003). We also may disclose to other nonaffiliated companies to respond to court orders, legal investigations or as otherwise required by law.
We may send you transactional emails with information or services you have requested through the Site. You can opt out of these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, you may also please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
Any personal information collected on this website is gathered and stored securely using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and current encryption standards. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and vendors who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain, and require our vendors to maintain, administrative, technical and physical safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect the nonpublic personal information we have about you. Please be advised, however, that no data security methodology is entirely secure. You should take reasonable steps to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your information.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from MasterCard. They may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked website you visit is not owned or operated by MasterCard, we are not responsible for its content, any use of its products or services, or its privacy practices.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. In some situations, we may choose to also mail or email you a copy of the updated Privacy Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update the information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by clicking here, or sending us an email to "admin [at] MasterYourCardMo.org," or by writing to us at:
Master Your Card
1025 Vermont Ave., NW Suite 830
Washington, DC 10005